CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday is for the Birds!

I usually have to work on Black Friday, but decided stop by Wal-Mart that morning to get a new camera. I arrived at wal-Mart around 6:20. The flashing police lights in the parking lot should have been a warning to turn around, but I was determined to have a new camera for myself. I walked into the store to find lines so long that they reached the back of the store. My first thought was "You are kidding me!!!!!!". I made my way to the back and only had to stand in line for 10 minutes, got my camera and left. I am happy to report that I was not pushed, attacked, cursed, etc. There were earlier reports of a cat fight between two women-it took four people to pull them apart. What is wrong with people? How could people forget the true meaning of Christmas? A young man employed by Wal-Mart in New York lost his life. And for what? A $30 DVD player? This world is a crazy place.

Ava "wrote" a letter to Santa. She has asked for a $60 slide for Barbie (she doesn't play with Barbies that much), a computer like her daddy's, a flower pot, and tattoos....oh, and everything else she sees. Jack made her mad, and she told me that Santa was not going to bring him anything good. I saw her little mind working and she said that Santa was going to bring him socks. Then she said he wasn't even getting socks, hehe. We haven't seen Santa yet, but are planning to go to the mall soon.

I asked Ava what kind of cookies Santa would like. Jack said he bet Santa would loves cookies from Root-a-Bakers in Morehead. I guess that means I will be making a trip to the bakery the week of Christmas........




1 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah come on you have no sense of adventure. I do the Black Friday thing every year. 4:00AM on the sidewalk at Walmart. :)